Associate Product Manager
Indianapolis, IN, USA Req #7781
Monday, May 6, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
What You'll Do:
The Associate Product Manager will be expected to grow the value and utility of your products in a dynamic, fast-moving marketplace, with success measured by product-specific KPIs. You will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, external partners and an agile team to build an ambitious roadmap and rapidly analyze, test, implement and optimize new and existing features and products.To succeed in this role, you must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, and the personal drive and charisma to make your vision a reality.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Own the product development and performance of at least 1 consumer experience product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to refine requirements, resolve conflicts, and remove impediments for development teams.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with the development team to define user stories and acceptance criteria, groom backlogs, prioritize features, conduct user acceptance testing, and evaluate product performance.
- Assist in managing relationships with business owners and other internal stakeholders.
- Assist in managing engagements with third-party partners and consultancies in support of selected projects; represent Product in discussions with vendors and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze product performance metrics in partnership with internal stakeholders and use this data to improve existing products and identify new product opportunities.
- 0-2 years experience developing and managing consumer products.
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree a plus
- Ability to think critically and constructively about complex business problems, clearly communicate analyses, and present solutions that address business needs.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing and using data to independently test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success with attention to detail.
- Curious and open minded, with a knack for synthesizing and prioritizing stakeholder requests.
- Knowledgeable about human-centered product discovery with a passion for user-centered design
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Decisive with a bias towards action.
- A highly motivated self-starter who can work effectively across cross-functional teams and also make things happen on your own.
- A strong communicator with great written and verbal skills.
- A team player and fun to work with. Loves to share inspiration and new ideas with your direct and indirect teams.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top