- New York, NY
New York, NY, USA Req #15961
Friday, May 21, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Associate Producer is responsible for the overall efficiency, project management, and creative direction for the team's Pre-Sale, Pre-Production and Production efforts.
The Associate Producer will work closely with the Producer as well as GET Creative's content strategy teams and Director to ideate video/film/multimedia concepts. Once a campaign/program is sold, He/She/They will work to develop budgets, timelines, source and obtain talent, crew, equipment and location permits for each execution. The Associate producer will also be responsible for obtaining and developing custom contracts with Gannett's legal team for talent, third-party marks and locations based off the requirements of the campaign. During production, He/She/They will provide call-sheets, schedules, and setting up on-set logistics for crew, client, and talent (ex. catering, Wi-Fi access, travel etc.). He/She/They will maintain a confident client facing professionalism, a leader on set and maintain an organized end-to-end production. Once the project moves into post-production, he/she/they will work closely with the Producer and Editor team to transition the project and close out the production (ingesting total production costs and invoices, as well as balancing budgets).
The Associate Producer is an innovative and strategic member of the team who thinks beyond individual projects and campaigns. Constantly curious and creative, he/she/they is aware of and following the latest video innovations and trends. Further, he/she establishes and maintains standards of work and educates her colleagues on video, photo and audio innovations and findings of analysis in an effort to constantly drive improvement and greater team success. Furthermore, he/she establishes and maintains high standards of work, unflagging dedication to getting the job done, and supports his/her/their colleagues with key intel and insights, so as to help drive team improvement and future success.
Finally, the Associate Producer contributes to the visual representation of the GET Creative brand. This may include the development of sizzle reels for sales or marketing materials, brand portfolios and presentations.
The Associate Producer will work closely with the Producer, but will report to GET Creative's Head of Visual Storytelling.
• Conceptualize and produce video projects
• Aid in the development of programs, contribute concepts, creating potential budgets and talent options for pre-sale opportunities alongside the Producer
• Assist in the development and management of production budgets for sold projects and campaigns from the beginning of projects through the end
• Line producing shoots and projects
o Acquiring locations
o Hire Crew and other on-set support roles
o Distributing call-Sheets
o Setting up on set logistics
o Ingesting invoices and tax forms
• Assist in the development and acquisition of custom contracts for talent, locations and crew
• Maintain a professional on-set posture
• Troubleshoot technical issues
• 1-3+ years' experience as a video/film producer
• Expertise within the Adobe Creative Suite (Specifically Premiere, inDesign and Photoshop)
• Comfortable working with spreadsheet software (Google Docs/Microsoft Excel)
• A valid driver's license
• Willing to travel
• Excellent client relations skills
• Comfortable with a fast-paced production environment
• Extreme attention to detail
• Exceptional technical problem-solving abilities
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve effectively
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top