Associate Manager, Packaging
- Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix, AZ, USA Req #13004
Monday, December 21, 2020
ASSOCIATE MANAGER, PACKAGING
Gannett Publishing Services
The Associate Manager, Packaging is responsible for the direct oversight of Packaging production functions and staff.
Accountable for team performance to achieve & maintain standard operating procedures, on-time performance, accuracy standards and operational safety including OSHA & EPA compliance and reporting.
• Ensures company policies/practices are adhered to.
• Responsible for direct oversight of Packaging functions:
• Product inserting.
• Overseeing the throughput of Press runs.
• Enforcing policies / rules.
• Responsible for collaborating with Packaging Manager on any issues involving people, equipment or productivity.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.Assist in leading safety compliance within the department including accident investigations and follow up.
• Assist in completing required annual OSHA safety training programs:Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
• Report work related injuries.
• Immediately report any operational concerns, potential safety hazards and all accidents/injuries and near misses to the Packaging manager.
• Provide timely & accurate reports and information to the local operations management team.
• Assist pick-up supervisors.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top