Middletown, RI, USA • Newport, RI, USA • Rhode Island, USA Req #20014
Friday, December 3, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
ASSOCIATE EDITOR, NEWPORT LIFE MAGAZINE
Newport Life magazine is seeking a creative, collaborative and hard-working Associate Editor to assist with the production of an established regional lifestyle magazine. The Associate Editor will help research, write, edit and proofread 11 print publications annually, post content online, coordinate social media and marketing efforts, acquire visuals, and provide design services as needed.
• Write, edit and proofread content.
• Coordinate photography; research and acquire visuals.
• Develop and execute a strategic social media plan.
• Develop and execute a digital publishing plan.
• Produce a weekly digital newsletter.
• Maintain databases.
• Assist with graphic design services, as needed.
• Degree in journalism, English, communications, graphic design or related field, or equivalent experience and education.
• Two or more years of experience working in an editorial capacity on a print publication in a deadline-driven environment. Strong communication and collaboration skills, exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask.
• Strong work ethic, with ability to work independently and as a team.
• Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, PDF and Microsoft Office is desirable. Photography skills a plus.
• A connection to Newport County and knowledge of its geography, people and history is highly desirable.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don't limit your upload to a resume; show us what you've done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume - one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work or online portfolio. Show us what you've produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.