Assistant District Manager
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Assistant District Manager
Gannett Publishing Services
This is an entry level position within the distribution department. The Assistant District Manager will assist the District Manager, and has distribution responsibility for all Home Delivery operations. The Asst. District Manager may also receive work assignments within many areas of the distribution function, which may include transportation, customer service, and redelivery operations.
- Achieve company objectives and oversee an independent contractor carrier force.
- Ensure goodwill between company and independent contractors and ensure compliance with contract terms, under the guidance of the Distribution Manager.
- Contribute to growing circulation volumes and revenue within the assigned district.
- Ensure customer/subscriber satisfaction levels are met or exceeded.
- Distribute products to independent contractors and assist with delivering open/down routes.
- Other related duties as assigned, including transportation, customer service, and redelivery operations.
- Valid driver's license, dependable vehicle, liability insurance at good motor vehicle record are required for this position.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with minimal daily supervision and high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to problem solve, resolve issues & complaints, demonstrate sound reasoning, exercise judgment, and make decisions.
- Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute newspapers. Will push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10-40 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible overnight hours, available at any time as needed to include weekends and holidays.
High school diploma or equivalent required, a college education will help in advancement opportunities.
- Strong leadership ability to lead a mixed workforce of employees and independent contractors spread out across several different markets.
- Strong PC skills including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of Monroe/ West Monroe and surrounding areas.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top