Assistant Director, Collections
Come join Gannett/USA TODAY Network, a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties.
The Assistant Director supports the Director by coordinating and overseeing the work of the Credit & Collections staff, ensuring policies and procedures are followed by all teams and managing the performance metrics of the department. Additionally, the position is responsible for continuing efforts to standardize and streamline the work performed for Gannett units and managing departmental relations between Gannett entities.
In this role, you will:
• Supervise CCC management team including planning, scheduling, coaching and training and assist with their direction of staff organization and job duties.
• Manage the credit policies and procedures.
• Analyze the staffs functions with a vision of streamlining processes.
• Work with CCC Director for overall continuity of center.
• Back-up staff functions (processing credit applications), security/controls permitting.
• Cultivate internal relationships with collections team at CCC and relationships with sales, finance and leaders at unit level.
• Ensure adherence to all financial policies and procedures where required.
• Perform other duties as required, including special projects.
Here's what you need:
• College degree in business-related discipline, accounting, finance or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum of 7 years of credit/collection, accounting, finance or accounts receivable experience.
• Minimum of 7 years of management/ supervisory experience in a accounts receivable or credit environment required.
• Superior knowledge of credit policies, collection processes and procedures preferred.
• Strong billing systems orientation.
• Strong systems orientation including MS Office.
• Must be able to work in an organized, fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on superior customer service and teamwork.
Here's what we have to offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
• Life Insurance
• 401(K) Saving Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Company Holidays
• Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
• Employee Discount Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and
award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100
million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all
qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity,
family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top