Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist - NSSC
The Gannett National Shared Service Center (NSSC), located in Fishers, provides all finance services for all Gannett markets.
Due to our continuing growth, we are currently seeking an AP Specialist.
The AP Specialist supports business units in the area of conducting vendor maintenance, processing invoices, carrier interfaces, and other AP payment requests. Also provides payables customer service to vendors, business units, and customers.
- Coordinating flow of invoices in BasWare and sending to sites for approval and account coding. Working with site contacts to ensure all invoices are properly routed.
- Transferring invoices in BasWare to Lawson. Performing final check of all invoices to ensure coding is reasonable, approval requirements are met, and sales tax is properly accrued.
- Processing carrier interface files and uploading in a timely manner.
- Perform accurate vendor maintenance and vendor research.
- Address email inquiries from NSSC AP mailbox and 1-800 telephone line. Provide accurate responses while developing and maintaining strong working relationships with vendors, customers, and sites.
- Process invoices daily in a timely manner.
- Maintaining good working relationships with sites and vendors while gaining knowledge of industry.
- Performs other duties as required, including special projects.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 1-2 years invoice processing/accounts payable experience in an automated environment
- Good knowledge of accounting policies and procedures and use tax application experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to foster customer desire for compliance of standard policies
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good problem solving/analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement accounting policies and procedures with a high degree of accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- AS/400 experience is a plus
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top