- Milwaukee, WI
- Rochester, NY
- New York, NY
- Tucson, AZ
- Flexible / Remote
- Nashville, TN
- Memphis, TN
- Fort Myers, FL
- Manhattan, NY
- Springfield, MO
- McLean, VA
- Asbury Park, NJ
Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Fort Myers, FL, USA • Manhattan, New York, NY, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Memphis, TN, USA • Milwaukee, WI, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • New York, NY, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Springfield, MO, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA • Virtual Req #14740
Monday, April 12, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett, a top 20 digital-media company, seeks an Android Developer to join the USA TODAY Network native apps engineering team based in Tysons Corner, VA.
The team is responsible for developing and delivering best-in-class native mobile solutions scalable throughout more than 200 Gannett markets, including USA TODAY. All Gannett mobile initiatives are extremely high profile and must utilize state-of-the-art technologies. Our Android apps are in the hands of hundreds of thousands of people every month, keeping them informed and connected with their local and national communities.
Specific duties include building native Android applications using the latest technologies and frameworks, integrating third-party SDKs, and interacting with internal clients to determine requirements and architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Minimum 3 years software development experience that includes at least 1 year of Android
- Strong object-oriented design, programming, and debugging skills
- Demonstrated experience with Kotlin, Java, Android Studio, and the Android SDK is a must
- Knowledge of Flutter and Dart is a major plus
- Experience with Git and Github is a must
- At least one app in the Google Play Store is desired
- Experience with network client development, including consumption of web services, is desired
- Experience with server-side API development is a plus
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems
- Prior successful experience in media or related industry is desirable
- Experience with other parts of the Java ecosystem e.g. Java enterprise development a plus
- The ideal candidate possesses an innovative but disciplined approach to technology development, and an orientation to successful, on-time, on-budget project implementation
- Keen attention to detail and quality, complying with Gannett's high standard of quality
- Proactive, innovative, collaborative, and driven to achieve desired results
- Passionate about solving problems for users, advertisers, and publishers
- This position is responsible for the development, testing, release, and support of Gannett native mobile products.
- Work closely with other developers, designers, QA testers, and product/business managers to develop new features consistent with the product roadmap
- Learn and absorb new technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands
- Be innovative, contributing ideas, and working with colleagues to evaluate and propose approaches that balance speed-to-market needs against processes needed to scale services to all markets and total audience
- Maintain awareness of technology developments that either affect our audience's ability to use our products or extend new product potential
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
Back to top