Analytical Report Writer
Analytical Report Writer
The Analytical Report Writer will have the opportunity to help our Data and BI teams in creating a custom portal/interface for stakeholders across the company to have reliable access to data, reports, and dashboards with the ability to perform ad hoc queries across multiple data sources. This position will also be responsible for developing custom analytical products that help provide key data capabilities and insights for multiple stakeholders across our Product, Marketing, Finance/Revenue, Content and Editorial teams. This position requires an organized individual with a love for data integrity and data structure. The position also requires a "self-starter" work approach, due to the autonomy that they'll have in working across multiple departments.
- Collaborates with end users to understand reporting requirements and uses report writing software to create a variety of simple to complex reports (e.g., standard/ad hoc reporting, dashboards, scorecards, visualization, and analytics)
- Creates custom analytical products for a variety of stakeholders that solve a particular data/analysis need or a provide a unique visualization of data or KPI's
- Assists in projects across the organization where system data is required
- Reviews data integrity on reports and within analytical products produced by this team, and works with appropriate departments for problem resolution
- Build and repair data reports and software applications as needed
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferred fields include computer science or management information systems, Data add business analytics, economics, statistics, and data sciences or related.
- 3+ years in related job function
- Experience writing advanced queries in SQL
- Product development experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables
- Report writing experience
- Data mining and analysis experience
- Experience handling data and working with data mining and reporting tools
- Practical ability to translate data points into trends and insights that help achieve audience growth goals
- Ability to partner with internal leaders to identify opportunities to apply data analysis and modeling to strategic and tactical decision making.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present and translate complex information to executive and business teams with less experience in data and in relevant business terms
- Customer service attitude
- Self-starter and motivated
- Ability to establish influential relationships internally and externally
- Excellent time management / project management skills, with ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels
- Strong problem solving and logical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, innovative organization
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Content Management systems, Google DFP or other analytical tools.
- Exceptional fluency with Microsoft Excel, including understanding of advanced pivot tables and macros
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top