Barrington, RI, USA • East Greenwich, RI 02818, USA • North Kingstown, RI, USA • Portsmouth, RI, USA • Providence, RI, USA Req #15591
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Responsible for the daily communication, coordination and production requirements for print and digital campaign requirements, including sales support, coordination, trafficking, general layout and pagination needs of the various PJC products. Act as a liaison for ad production requirements involving various teams, including the sales department, external advertisers, the Ad Center, the Design House and Operations.
• 2-3 years experience in a publishing environment.
• Extremely adaptable in an ever-changing environment.
• Work both as a team and independently.
• Coordinate and traffic ads for sales, advertisers, the Ad Center, and post-sales support needs.
• Provide superior customer service and support for ad production needs, acting as the liaison for the ad center, sales teams, advertising customer, Operations and the Design House.
• Work in a fast-paced environment whilemaintaining a high degree of accuracy.
• Understanding of page layout requirements for ad placement and classified pagination needs.
• Run daily queries and production reports to monitor ad readiness.
• Track ad readiness for the daily production cycle with the ability to troubleshooting issues.
• Ability to be highly responsive and proactive to the needs of the departments requiring support, including sales, external customers, Operations, News and the Ad Center.
• Organize tasks in a manner that takes the urgency, importance and often-changing business objectives into consideration.
• Provide superior support for the critical revenue categories of Obituaries, Legal Notices, and General Classified ads.
• Assess workload and resource allocation on deadlines and manage efficient workflows.
• Flexibility to work days and weekend shifts.
• Monitor pre and post design work, troubleshooting discrepancies, and ensuring corrective steps when necessary.
• Exceptional technical skills with the ability to quickly assimilate new technology.
• Possess great verbal and written communication skills, clearlycommunicating requirements, expectations and deadlines accordingly.
• Traffic ads and to prioritize workflow in accordance to go-live schedule.
• Ability to utilize technology for optimal efficiency.
• Process color and b/w images, including color correction and tonal gradation.
• Able to effectively traffic, schedule, and prioritize workflow for the numerous PJC products.
• Knowledge of production deadlines, the ad trafficking process and the various PJC products.
• Understanding the effects of late/killed advertising to the layout of the newspaper.
• Awareness of the importance of customer service, error-free publishing and quality reproduction.
• Account awareness of our top advertisers and the understanding of their creative requirements.
Work Habits/ Behaviors:
• Driven and persistent. Self-motivated and able to work and learn independently.
• Regularly performs above and beyond expectations.
• Motivated to learn new skills and technology to add to knowledge base.
• Participates in cross-training and learn other critical functions that secure the required skill-set required.
• Dedicated to team success with commitment, initiative and sharing of information.
Key Criteria for Success:
• Ability to meet challenges and prioritize.
• Master the skills identified and new processes introduced.
• Strong communication skills, ability to relate well to others in a professional manner
• Achieve a solid mastery of the skills identified.
• Adapt to change according to the needs of the group and changing business priorities.
• Demonstrates a high level of principle and dependable work ethics.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions required of employees.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top