Advertising Account Executive, Automotive
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, the leader in delivering engaging news and information. We deliver an engaged audience using a variety of sophisticated tools and resources, and provide our clients the integrated marketing expertise to help them meet their goals.
We are seeking an innovative, experienced and proactive Account Executive to provide comprehensive media solutions to our Automotive segment. We are seeking an individual who possesses relationship-building skills that can play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of advertising strategies, company-wide initiatives, as well as be accountable for enhancing our media company's brand. You will sell highly strategic multi-media advertising solutions to the automotive business sector with local and/or regional decision makers. Primary responsibility is to build meaningful dealer relationships, help dealers understand their market potential, help dealers grow overall market share within their designated brand and successfully manage and maintain a diverse book of business.
- Sell auto marketing solutions to the regional account sector that makes decisions locally.
- Grow market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction.
- Deal with primarily Auto dealers and groups, multiple decision-makers and influencers.
- Develop and execute account plans for each client utilizing USA TODAY NETWORKS's auto go-to-market strategy and tools.
- Utilize deep customer, market, and segment proprietary insights to bring new information and offers to dealers that compel action via a Challenger sales approach.
- Be highly proficient at understanding and synthesizing data, and "story telling" to drive auto dealer understanding and action.
- Develop a keen understanding of the automotive segment, competitors, and USA TODAY NETWORK's positioning in the marketplace.
- Identify complex customer needs and builds cohesive marketing strategy and custom client solutions that differentiate USA TODAY NETWORK from competitors.
- Leverage multiple USA TODAY NETWORK resources and partners to develop optimal client solutions including print and digital products. Proficient in USA TODAY NETWORK's premium digital capabilities.
- Leverage Cars.com with aligned accounts to grow Cars.com and other USA TODAY NETWORK business
- Work with C-level clients, corporate and matrixed organizations.
- Articulate USA TODAY NETWORK's value proposition and prove ROI with data.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 1-3+ years sales experience with a record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment along with prior Retail Automobile sales with specific success stories in digital auto
- Basic understanding of digital media platforms to include SEO, social media, online display, mobile & other digital solutions preferred.
- Experience with CRM technology, Salesforce preferred.
- Proficient in face-to-face sales calls including up-selling, appointment setting, cold calling and demonstrate strong presentation and closing skills.
- Experience building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs.
- History of driving results and the ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to sell competitively and strategically using data and insights; exposure to selling methodologies including the Challenger model are preferred
- Strong two-way communication skills and an effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
About Us: Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top