Advertising Account Executive
The Eastern Shore News and Chincoteague Beacon, publications of the USA TODAY network, have an immediate opening for a Sales Account Executive in Onancock, VA. We are searching for an energetic, results-oriented individual to present customized advertising solutions to new and existing accounts on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. If you possess strong communication skills and are committed to exceeding your clients' expectations, then we would like to talk to you about a career.
We are a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way with a full suite of solutions, including: hyper-local community print publications, SEM, social media marketing, targeted display and website design.
We are committed to helping local businesses grow and succeed, thanks to our unmatched combination of unique content and advertising and marketing solutions. We deliver an engaged audience using a variety of sophisticated tools and resources, and provide our clients the integrated marketing expertise to help them meet their goals.
- Identifies, qualifies and prospects local businesses to set appointments with local businesses to develop an understanding of customers' individual business needs, trends and patterns.
- Presents advertising ideas/solutions face-to-face to local decision makers that grow market share and ROI for customers while meeting or exceeding goals.
- Maintains an awareness of revenue responsibilities and performance to goal while developing and working a pipeline of potential customers.
- Partners with an Account Manager on day-to-day activities within account base.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in sales or marketing.
- Demonstrates effective listening skills and able to deliver compelling advertising presentations.
- Ability to develop a media plan that addresses client objectives and reaches target audience.
- Effectively able to overcome client objections and articulate the value of recommended solutions.
- Strong skills in planning, communicating, and developing customer relationships.
- Ability to use a CRM system to consistently maintain an adequate pipeline.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
USA TODAY Network, owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top