The Silver City Sun-News, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team. This team member will perform a wide variety of secretarial and office administrative activities. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and winning.
- Types and prepares reports, letters, tables, graphs, presentations, etc.
- Creates, sets up and maintains filing systems, screens and refers calls, arranges meetings and receives, refers and/or answers regular and electronic mail.
- Handles and/or coordinates regular administrative activities and/or special projects/tasks.
- Communicates and coordinates activities within the department and resolves routine problems.
- May monitor, order and maintain department supplies and process invoices.
- May research and gather information, compile and summarize data and compose letters and other correspondence.
- May participate in planning functions.
- Performs general clerical duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- At least 2 years of previous administrative experience in professional environment
- 1 year of advertising/sales/marketing, event planning, or similar experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent project management, coordination, organizational, communication, and follow-up skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be follow confidentiality guidelines
- Ability to actively participate at marketing events and tradeshows
- Experience performing a wide variety of tasks under the pressure of deadlines
- Strong motivation and drive to learn new systems and processes
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top