Accounting Specialist (Part-Time)
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for completing timely, efficient, and accurate general finance tasks related to the business units within the hub. The Accounting Specialist services the Regional Financial Supervisor and business units as needed. The Accounting Specialist will focus primarily on servicing the front desk, cash and credit card receipts and Customer Service. Accuracy, timeliness and strong customer service skills are requirements for success. This role is set for Mon-Fri 10AM-2PM (20 hours a week.)
- Provides excellent customer service to customers at the front desk.
- Balances daily cash drawer and complies weekly deposit for bank.
- Prepares the cash detail and log reports and scans these to the SSC with the required supporting documents.
- Develops relationships and provides support to the Regional Financial Supervisor and business unit personnel
- May participates in various month end closing processes if needed
- Active participation during internal audits if needed
- Develops and maintains a relationship with shared service centers relating to specialist's expertise
- Provides and maintains excellent customer service to hub management, business unit personnel and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- On time and accurate handling of tasks
- Thorough knowledge of processes
- Accurate data entry skills
- Ability to balance numbers
- Customer/client orientation
- Support multiple business units simultaneously if needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 2+ years of general accounting clerical work experience
- Demonstrated customer service
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic excel skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external customers
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top