Accounting - Regional Finance Director
USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a Regional Finance Director in Tallahassee, FL.
We are a top global digital media company, reaching more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile and publishing properties. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our
customers whenever and wherever.
The Regional Finance Director will serve as a strategic business partner for business units in Pensacola and Tallahassee, FL. This individual will work closely with the President & Publisher and department heads of both business units to provide financial analysis to shape the strategic direction of the organization.
The Regional Finance Director will provide direct support to business units
that includes, but is not limited to, being the primary business partner to the
site, financial planning, forecasting and analysis, capital planning,
participates in month-end closing and ownership of financial statements,
workflow approvals, and invoicing.
The RFD is responsible for operational effectiveness, customer service
orientation and financial results both for the hub and the business unit.
Strong business acumen and advanced technical skills required. Position reports to the Vice President of Finance – Financial Shared Services.
Core job responsibilities for this role will include:
FINANICAL ANALYSIS & EVALUATION:
- Provide management with analysis and evaluation of financial operational data
and information to make sound and timely managerial decisions.
- Works with a shared services team of analysts to prepare weekly, monthly and
quarterly forecasts, annual operating budgets and capital budgets.
INTERNAL CONTROLS AND COMPLIANCE:
- Protect division assets and ensure compliance with sound accounting
- Ensure the maintenance of effective internal controls in order to guarantee
the protection of assets and the reliability of financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and internal accounting policy, Sarbanes Oxley
Controls and Gannett's internal audit standards.
- Works within a financial shared services environment to produce financial
statements and is responsible for accuracy and
integrity of financial statements.
LEVEL EDUCATION AND OR EXPERIENCE, TRAINING:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting/Finance. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive financial management experience.
- Strong analytical, organization and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and
- Strategic agility, business acumen, and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, including high-level leaders in highly-charged situations.
- Experience in a consolidated financial environment.
- Software proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Media industry experience preferred.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top