Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting
- McLean, VA
McLean, VA, USA Req #11054
Friday, October 2, 2020
Accounting 1 - Manager, Accounting
Gannett is seeking a Manager of Financial Reporting to be responsible for the monthly close and consolidation process and the timely and accurate preparation and filing of Gannett's SEC filing requirements. The successful candidate will regularly interact with management, professional service providers and various areas of the organization. The position is based in McLean, VA and reports to the Director of Financial Reporting.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Timely and accurate preparation and filing of Gannett's quarterly and annual reports on SEC Forms 10-K and 10-Q, including the preparation and review of the financial statements, footnotes, management's discussion and analysis, and XBRL tagging in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations
- Timely and accurate production of month-end close and consolidation process
- Timely and accurate production and/or review of other SEC filings or investor communications including press releases, investor materials, registration statements, proxy statements, etc.
- Optimization of the entire reporting process including compression of the financial close and reporting processes
- Preparation and review of various financial statement variance analytics
- Research and analysis of accounting treatment on various transactions and reporting requirements
- Maintaining and monitoring department compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures
- Supporting ad hoc financial information requests and analyses
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- Minimum of eight years of accounting experience, including "Big 4" and / or financial reporting experience with SEC filers
- Technical accounting skills, including knowledge of US GAAP, SEC Rules & Regulations, and Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and written communication skills, organizational savvy, strong initiative and the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexibility, a team oriented focus and strong leadership skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel
- CPA required
- System experience with Workiva, Lawson and BPC preferred but not required
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top