Accounting 1 Sales Commission Analyst III
- Flexible / Remote
Virtual Req #16074
Friday, May 21, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
A&O Xactly Administrator, Finance (Analytics)
The Analysis & Operations Team provides strong financial partnership, analytical prowess, operational & compensation support, hygiene & governance of data, and forecasting accuracy to non-finance divisions in Gannett as they focus on achieving their goals. This team also acts as a liaison for division leaders to other aspects of finance.
The A&O Xactly Administrator processes the monthly and quarterly commission calculations for all sales channels. They have a passion for data and analytics and has a focal point around developing and creating efficiencies & standardizations for their team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own company sales commission calculations, reporting, policies, and provide first tier support for all end-user technical and commission inquiries.
- Partner with various functions such as Sales Operations, HR, and Finance to establish best practices, as well as drive on-going process refinement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of sales commissions.
- Understand and uphold standard operating procedures to ensure consistency across multiple sites and departments
- Provides high-quality, timely responses to all departments.
- Ownership of commissions system process and infrastructure, along with project manage implementation of changes.
- Research compensation issues, disputes, appeals, and provide analysis to facilitate resolution.
- Maintain data integrity within Xactly, Salesforce.com and other related systems.
- Completes Ad Hoc requests in support of management when applicable
- Ensure compliance with SOX for compensation documents, processes, programs, and policies.
- Responds to requests made by the Senior Manager and A&O leadership in a timely manner with high-quality and accuracy
- Special projects as needed
Required Qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related business/analytics field
• Financial analysis and planning prowess
• Passion for results and bringing closure to projects
• Meticulous attention to detail and desire for accuracy
• Understands the importance of data-driven decision making
• Customer/client orientation
• Strong communication at all levels
• Support multiple business units simultaneously
• Teamwork and team leadership
• Technical skills including Excel, Access, BPC/EPM, EDMS, Lawson, Xactly
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Experience in building FP&A shared service center environments
- Xactly Experience
- Proven track record with $100mil+ annual budget & forecasting responsibilities
Back to top