Accounting 1 - AR/AP Specialist
Fishers, IN, USA Req #9884
Thursday, January 16, 2020
The Cash department is a fast paced environment providing high quality internal and external customer service through ensuring accurate processing of high volumes of customer payments, refunds, and adjustments that are recorded to GL accounts.
The Cash Accounting Specialist handles cash application processes including credit card processing, refunds, lockbox interfaces, daily cash deposits, and other cash duties for Gannett subsidiaries.
The Cash Accounting Specialist will report into the Cash Specialist Team Lead and the role will be based out of Fishers, Indiana, USA.
Cash Accounting Specialist's Responsibilities:
- Process incoming cash receipts that may include but are not limited to credit card payments, bank lockbox payments, checks, and cash.
- Post payments to customer accounts.
- Research and resolved misapplied payments, NSF checks and credit card declines.
- Handle customer service requests from both external customer as well as Gannett business unit inquiries.
- Process adjustments for refunds or payment transfers.
- Perform other duties as required including special projects.
- A high school diploma/GED is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- The individual will possess strong verbal and written communications skills.
- The individual will possess strong problem-solving skills.
- The individual is self-motivated with the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Two plus years of data entry experience is preferred.
- Cash application experience is preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top