Account Manager, Territory (eg)
News-Leader Media, a Gannett Co., Inc., is seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to support advertising key account sales executives on the automotive team. As an Account Manager you will provide day-to-day operational support of the sales team while exhibiting excellent client relations skills and showing a thorough understanding of Register Media's sales process.
- Accurately set up new customer accounts and contracts as well as maintain customer records to include insertion orders, billing and history. Work together with finance department on account reconciliation needs.
- Pre-call research including review of client's website, spending history, background, etc.
- Work together with the account executive, client and internal creative departments to obtain both print and digital creative to assist in driving sales.
- Order digital advertising, submit print advertising insertion orders and ownership of final deliverables to include excellent customer service and accurate billing
- Utilize salesforce.com to manage day-to-day activities and keep sales team informed of all client updates.
- Provide assistance to sales executives in creation of presentations and research of account and/or marketing data.
- Facilitate the completion of RFP's and rate requests across multiple platforms while primarily collaborating with sales executive and internal operations team.
- Create and manage reports to support sales team.
- Prepare rate requests and ensure billing is correct for all projects. Serve as primary contact to internal departments specific to campaign management.
- Work together with sales support team to ensure needs of entire sales executive group is being met.
- Work with sales executives and other departments to provide research and value stories that help close business and drive results for customers.
- Works in conjunction with sales executive to build unique and innovative solutions for customers . Offers ideas to enhance or streamline our internal processes.
- Proof and provide design recommendations for advertising creative.
- One to three years' experience in servicing accounts or customer services in an office environment. Prior experience in a sales setting preferred.
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while having an all-encompassing understanding of the media sales process.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for sales with a driven and ambitious mindset.
- Effectively communication and understanding of design and creative needs via electronic communication.
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top