Account Manager, Professional Services
- Plano, TX
Plano, TX, USA Req #10047
Monday, March 2, 2020
Sales Account Manager - Professional Services
At ReachLocal, A Gannett, Inc. company and part of the USA Today Network, we offer a total digital marketing system for local businesses, comprised of web presence solutions and digital advertising solutions. Our mission is to help local businesses around the world get more customers. We believe in working hard to deliver results for our clients - and having fun while we build meaningful relationships with everyone around us. That is why we are one of the first digital marketing companies to achieve the Local Search Association (LSA) Certification and have been named a Facebook Marketing Partner, a select group of companies recognized for their ability to drive exceptional advertising and marketing results from Facebook.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Sales Account Manager is primarily focused on supporting and growing the business for the National Sales channel by growing revenue with existing customers, as well as in identification and support of new advertising prospects through the funnel. Additionally, the Sales Account Manager works with internal departments as a partner in developing complex advertising solutions and works directly with the clients to provide superior customer relationship management. Other activities include attending client meetings, creating advertising media plans, using independent judgment in negotiating terms, and managing the full lifecycle of day-to-day account management activities, including the successful launch, maintenance and growth of all campaigns.
PILLARS FOR SUCCESS IN ROLE:
1.Retention - Through ability to develop long term client partnerships, and excellent communication skills with major brands, as well as multiple suborganizations
2.Performance - Balancing corporate goals/KPIs along with achieving those of clients
3.Sales - Constant evaluation of upselling and new selling opportunities to achieve individual and segment objectives and growth
4.Team Partnership - Main POC for clients and internal executing partners. Candidate must be able to excel with multiple internal and external team members through organization, accountability and excellence of service in a fast-paced team environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work with assigned Brand Manager(s) on proposals, in order to meet client objectives, collaborating with various cross-company teams to develop best advertising solutions as needed
• Develop and revise media plans with existing accounts by analyzing historical data on customer spending, as well as considerations of client objectives, timing, product offerings, product performance and inventory availability
• Project manage and coordinate campaign execution (contract development and execution, customer onboarding/hand off with client services, billing, collaborate on campaign performance reports/customer reviews and ongoing client retention activities with client services)
• Project manage internal creative builds and sponsorship/custom programs - working as a liaison between client/creative agency and internal teams towards successful execution.
• Collaborate closely with Client Services and Client Strategy to identify and own up-sell/cross-sell opportunities with the client
• Ensure effective communication with sales teams to understand and anticipate customer needs, and ensure that advertising solutions meet those needs while setting internal and external expectations
• Provide high level of customer service to clients with effective communication, timely responses to requests and proactive resolution of potential issues
• Provide support on print business where applicable
• Participate in project work as directed by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Extensive working experience with developing large ad solutions against market strategies, events and brands
• Experience working with research, sales and operations to execute solutions
• Excellent analytical and interpretative skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong knowledge of online media
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, dynamic environment, with tight deadlines
• Must be able to constantly prioritize workload with minimal supervision and manage multiple projects
• Must be a team player and key strategist
• College education
• 3 years working experience in digital advertising
• 3 years previous work experience in the media/publishing industry
• 3 years previous work experience working with sales personnel
• Skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint), CRM or Order Management/Workflow systems experience a plus
We offer an energized, passionate team within a fun & flexible workplace. An opportunity to work alongside digital leaders and visionaries. We provide an elite benefits package that includes: PTO & Paid holidays, Medical, Dental, 401k, and other benefits.
USA TODAY Network, part of the Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI), empowers communities to connect, act and thrive. We have unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. The iconic USA TODAY brand is comprised of 100+ strong local media organizations with more than 160 local news brands online and in the U.K. We provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top