Account Manager - Multimedia Advertising
Wisconsin Media – Appleton, part of the USA Today Network, seeks a full-time Account Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, quick/adaptive learner, with great multi-tasking skills, and possessing sales and digital acumen.
This position works collaboratively and provides support and retention efforts for all aspects of revenue generating functions. Responsibilities include providing the sales team with support for pre-sale and post-sale activities, including managing details tied to individual campaigns and will partner with other team
members and account executives to manager performance goals surrounding the campaigns. In addition will provide upsell and cross sell opportunities to achieve customer expectations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Utilize data base to help identify tends and patterns, working to uncover individual business needs of customers.
- Identify opportunities for incremental revenue generation, present creative solutions to
account executives and assist with preparing materials for presentations.
- Utilize sales tools and research for presenting solutions.
- Utilize technical proficiency in various programs to support the sales team. Accurately set up and maintain customer accounts, schedule ads and traffics artwork.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to strategize, plan and execute campaigns.
- Utilize CRM (Salesforce) to manage day to day activities and keep sales teams informed of
all client updates.
- Works with teams to provide research to help close business and drive results for our customers.
- Partners with sales team for pre-campaign/pre-proposal support, and post-sale analysis
to ensure all customer needs are met.
- Effectively manages workflow and multiple projects in a timely manner to meet deadlines,
proactively initiates projects as needed to support the team.
- Serves as a point of contact with customers for ad copy and proofs and other function related duties to service the customer and execute previously sold advertising plans.
- Constantly communicates with sales team, leadership and all internal departments to resolve issues related to strategy.
- This position requires a bachelor's degree or a comparable combination of education, experience and/or training will be considered equivalent.
- One to three years of account management, customer service or sales experience. Knowledge of digital marketing preferred.
- A proven record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment is important with demonstrated success in delivering customer solutions based on needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital media platforms, exceptional customer service and relationship management abilities and persuasive verbal and written communication skills, including solid proofing skill.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of internet advertising systems desired.
- Willingness to learn new programs and order processes; willingness to grow/change with the
digital world Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at once in a fast-paced, deadline-driven
- Superior organizational skills to prioritize tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; previous
experience in online advertising technologies and web applications a plus.
- Quick, adaptive learner who will develop expertise in online advertising, project
management, and web applications.
- Strong interpersonal, team skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work successfully with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written – must be able to clearly convey
technical and complex information.
This is an excellent career opportunity with one of the nation's largest media companies, Gannett/USA Today Network Company. We offer a Comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Dental and Vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match, PTO, and company holidays.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top