Account Manager, Digital Marketing
Boston, MA, USA • Massachusetts, USA • Virtual Req #12387
Monday, November 30, 2020
WordStream is a Gannett Co. subsidiary. Managed Services is an award winning, innovative, full-service digital advertising offering. We provide full hands on SEM services for our higher spending clients within the SMB space.
As an Account Manager on our Managed Services (MS) team, you will report to a Senior Manager and perform the day-to-day management of digital advertising campaigns for a portfolio of strategic key accounts. In this role, you will be ambitious, hyper-focused on communication, data-driven and have at least 5+ years of demonstrated success managing the paid-search and social marketing initiatives for paid traffic accounts.
A little about the job...
- Manage campaign strategy and execution for paid search and paid social platforms, including Google, Bing, Facebook, and LinkedIn Ads for both e-commerce and lead generation clients
- Campaign strategy and execution includes keyword research, ad copy development, bid optimization, competitor analysis, and data mining
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and key decision makers. Understanding a client's product or business needs is a must.
- Delegate responsibilities across a team to ensure client deliverables and deadlines are being met
- Support the department's largest and more complex customers
- Conduct QBRs and present on success and our value to stakeholders
- Manage client goals and expectations in order to set realistic targets
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings with clients, including performance updates and strategy discussions
- Run and build reports on campaigns results and deliver findings in a clear and client-facing format
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on industry trends and stay informed on best practices in the search and social space
- Verify and integrate conversion tracking as needed
- Balance large budgets across multiple accounts and platforms, ranging from $10,000 - $800,000+ in monthly ad spend
- Navigate client risk through effective escalation and risk mitigation
- Collaborate with team members to ensure strategy is executed effectively
- 5+ years of experience working with medium to high spending clients and owning and growing portfolios of 15+ clients
- Deep understanding of the paid search and social space and how it relates to the entire marketing landscape (Google, Bing, Facebook and LinkedIn Ads. Various other digital channels are a plus).
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics or a similar attribution tool, with comfortability in analyzing client's CRM/backend data,
- Experience with phone-based, consultative relationship management, with a regular cadence of communication with clients
- Strong analytical mindset, with a comfortability working with large data sets within platforms and in excel
- Ability to delegate projects across multiple people and meet deadlines with consistent quality of delivery
- Natural multi-tasking skills, with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Comfortability with change management and team restructuring, as the department continues to evolve our service offering
- Ability to work remote
Back to top