Account Executive, Territory
The North Jersey Media Group, part of the USA TODAY Network, has an immediate opening for an Account Executive in our Rockaway office.
This position contributes to the sales division revenue goals by maintaining and building relationships with assigned accounts. Achieves personal revenue goals through needs-based selling with established accounts and prospects. Assesses customer needs and identifies sales opportunities by working closely with accounts. Uses print, online, and niche/specialty products to create customized media mix solutions that meet the specific customer needs.
- Sell multi-media advertising solutions
- Articulate the value of digital media products to our customers
- Deliver and obtain long term commitments and campaigns
- Conduct thorough needs analysis and deliver proposals/campaigns
- Negotiate contracts/rates while keeping customer ROI and the Company's rate integrity intact
- Execute the 5-Step Sales process which includes: 1. Plan & Prepare, 2. Evaluate Needs, 3. Build the Solution, 4. Present and Close, and 5. Follow Through
- Increase market share by gaining new business through aggressive face-to-face sales calls, up-sells, appointment setting and cold calls with potential customers
- Manage day-to-day activities using a CRM system
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/experience and/or training
- 2+ years sales experience
- Ability to identify the current needs of client base; communicate the benefits of our audience based marketing solutions as they relate to each need and then sell the appropriate campaign
- Ability to work through objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets and selling strategies
- Thorough understanding of digital media platforms and digitally savvy
- Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment; in building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top