Account Executive, Territory
The Times Media Network part of the USA TODAY NETWORK a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties, has an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive, Territory. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
The account executive will provide a high level of service, maintain and grow digital and print revenue while developing and closing new business prospects in a defined category. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Account Executive will support the team's established sales goals by selling the entire portfolio of digital and print products offered. Available position will work out of our Shreveport office
In this role, you will:
- Acquire new business revenue through prospecting, cold-calling, and consultative sales presentations.
- Effectively communicate, through written presentation and verbal skills, the advertising benefits of Media products. Prepare and present comprehensive advertising proposals with schedule and spec ads.
- Provide clients with cost estimates of advertising products and services; address all client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare and process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts and maintain up-to-date customer records available for you and management, with the assistance of team coordinators.
- Regular communications with sales management team to provide information regarding business developments, opportunities, and risks within the sales territory.
- Attend sales meetings, training seminars and relevant industry trade shows to gather information, promote products, expand network of contacts, and increase knowledge base.
- Passionately present our audience-based sales approach to current and existing customers throughout the territory.
- Maintain a professional appearance and positive attitude.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You're a battle tested competitor with the war stories to prove it.
- When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
- You care deeply about your community and have taken steps to make it better.
- You're the natural born leader in any group. And you love stepping up to the plate.
- You're a fearless explorer with an insatiable urge to travel, explore new hobbies and try new things.
- You're a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
- You possess 1-2+ years of sales experience.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Fundamental AND Challenger sales skills
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
- Market Research and Insights
- Mileage and Cell Reimbursement
- Base Salary Plus Commissions
- Sales Contests
- Tools for Success!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top