Account Executive, Territory
The Hattiesburg American part of the USA TODAY Network, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for an Account Executive, Territory. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
The Account Executive plays a critical role by providing advertising solutions that drive results for our customers. The primary responsibility will be to grow market share thru the combination of acquiring new business and increasing share within existing client base. The right individual will have a proven track record of success in a sales environment and have a passion for customer-centric multi-media advertising solutions.
In this role you will:
- Consistently hit revenue goals by fostering long term relationships with clients.
- Increase chances for success by securing quality time with key decision makers by developing and maintaining a plan for success that includes; prospecting, in depth account knowledge, face-to-face meetings, innovative problem solving and execution.
- Skilled at developing and maintaining an aggressive pipeline with the support of an experienced sales management team
- Sell multi-media products to include online, newspaper, direct mail, and magazine and develop advertising solutions to meet customer's unique advertising needs.
- Accurately develop forecast and manage pipeline through Salesforce.com
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, although years of experience within the field will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven sales experience, advertising sales preferred.
- Effective negotiation skills; ability to work through objections/concerns regarding budget, costs, and selling strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
- Proficient in face-to-face sales, up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to research problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to accurately develop forecasts and manage pipelines.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable sales environment
Here's what we have to offer:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
- Market Research and Insights
- Mileage and Cell Reimbursement
- Base Salary Plus Commissions
- Sales Contests
- Tools for Success!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top