Account Executive, Sports Media Group (LA)
6060 Center Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA Req #9903
Friday, January 3, 2020
USA TODAY SPORTS MEDIA GROUP
Manager, Programmatic & Indirect Revenue
Los Angeles, CA
The USA TODAY Sports Media Group ("SMG") encompasses sports initiatives across USA TODAY, Gannett's 261 community newspaper properties, 70 vertical sports sites and 150+ affiliate partner properties, reaching an audience of more than 60 million consumers each month.
Digitally, the USA TODAY Sports Media Group sites rank among the top five most-visited sports sites in North America as measured by comScore. Our focus is on reaching the national, local and passionate sports fan.
The Sports Media Group Programmatic & Indirect Revenue Manager is responsible for business development generating indirect and programmatic ad revenue from display, video, and other emerging media by establishing relationships with SSPs, DSPs, agencies, programmatic trading desks, and
digital partners. By working closely with the internal SMG yield and ad operations
team and the USA TODAY national sales team, you are an expert about our sports products,
audiences and digital inventory and are responsible for creating sales partnerships
that drive revenue from various demand sources, setting up programmatic partnerships
and deals, and providing the Los Angeles based national sales team with programmatic
outreach. We are seeking a motivated self-starter with a digital sales and programmatic background, who is passionate about digital marketing and sports.
- Secure revenue from SSPs, ad networks, agency trading desks, DSPs and other sources of
indirect demand. Identify potential buyers and respond to RFPs, devise strategies to pitch sports assets, negotiate terms, and execute iOS. Execute new and maintain existing Private Marketplace and Programmatic Guaranteed deals. Work closely with ad ops to traffic campaigns and maintain communication with customers to ensure proper delivery and fulfillment.
- Work closely with the direct sales team to pitch and capture new programmatic
revenue and campaigns that have traditionally come from IO's. Evangelize our programmatic strategy both internally and externally through our sports offerings, while being an
expert on trends across the ad tech eco-system. Utilize and study buyer network trends in the open exchange to convert that revenue into PMP/PG deals.
- Provide analysis of advertiser/buyer activity from Google, header partners and SSPs. Review reports, create models and analyze data including bids, winning CPM, closing CPM, etc. Make recommendations to enhance our sports auction environment and yield by setting price floors, establishing preferred deals with advertisers, or creating private marketplaces with buyers.
- Explore new business development and indirect ad sales opportunities related to
display, video, social, 1st/3rd party data.
- Create and maintain power point/excel documents to track indirect revenue and other business development activities.
- Provide strategic support. Follow and understand new trends in digital advertising, provide corresponding support and direction to management.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with demand partners, ad networks, agency
trading desks, DSPs, SSPs.
- Work with ad ops and publisher development team to ensure proper campaign delivery.
Basic requirements and desired qualifications:
- Excellent sales experience, relationship and negotiating skills
- 5+ years working experience in digital sales, ideally with at least 2+ year focus on programmatic (DSP, DMP, Publisher, Network)
- Ability to think on your feet, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of programmatic/ad-tech landscape including DSP's, ATD's, SSP's, DMP's
- Excellent at building relationships with customers and partners; existing relationships with
trading desks, DSPs, ad networks preferred
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) including analytical experience
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top