Account Executive - Recruitment Advertising
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, part of the USA Today Network, is seeking a talented and driven sales professional. The Account Executive will help employers maximize their hiring efforts through a leading technology platform creating careers within Milwaukee.
This role is a great fit for someone that loves all things digital. Excellent opportunity to capitalize on your sales personality and grow in a sales career. This is a very important member of our team and it's supported with training & great leadership in order to achieve goals together!
Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Increase advertising revenue from established account base with a strong focus on new business development
- Manage high sales call volume and cold call prospective clients to set appointments
- Meet department goals and objectives pertaining to performance standards
- Conduct needs assessments interviews with clients to develop customer driven audience solutions
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct formal verbal and written sales presentations
- Develop layouts, write ad copy and enter ads into the billing system
- Generate/research data lists and sources to prospect for potential customers
- Maintain knowledge of product offerings to be able to effectively respond and recommend appropriate customer solutions
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Knowledge, skills, experience and education required
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years successful sales experience generating leads, cold calling, closing business and managing clients
- Superior people skills, great attitude and work ethic
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in recruiting, staffing, human resources is a plus
- Drives success utilizing strong solution selling capabilities and product knowledge
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other software programs such as customer relations software
- Company training provided
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401k
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Base salary + commission pay structure
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top