Account Executive – Digital/Multimedia Advertising - Auto
Account Executive – Digital/Multimedia Advertising - Auto
Michigan.com, Michigan's Largest Media Marketing Company, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for a Territory Sales Manager. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them achieve their goals.
Our formula is simple - We combine the largest news and information audience in the state with the top multi-platform marketing experts to provide businesses with a single partner with one purpose, to help them grow. We deliver the trusted brands of Michigan's largest audience, including the Detroit Free Press/freep.com, The Detroit News/detroitnews.com, O&E Media/hometownlife, Livingston Daily Press & Argus, Lansing State Journal, Battle Creek Enquirer, and Port Huron Times Herald, combined with proven research, creative, strategy and marketing expertise.
If you are ready to become part of a team of highly motivated, competitive and passionate sales professionals; and you truly want to help local businesses grow and thrive, then you would be perfect for our team. Michigan.com and The USA Today Network are at the forefront of providing the newest, cutting edge advertising technologies for local businesses. Our sales representatives are responsible for selling value-based advertising solutions including, digital display advertising, SEO, SEM/PPC, maps & reputation management, social media platforms, email and Website development, among others.
In this role, you will:
- Sell multi-media marketing solutions to the small to medium auto business account sector that make decisions locally, often times with single or few decision-makers.
- Grows market share within an assigned territory through the combination of acquiring new business, activate churn business, and increasing current spend while increasing client satisfaction. Proficient and excels at new business efforts, including cold calling new or churned clients.
- Quickly assess and develop rapport and credibility around customer business needs and goals
- Develops quarterly plans for assigned territory that defines prospecting and new business acquisition, in addition to growing current client spend.
- Manages sales pipeline via SFDC to meet weekly performance metrics.
- Utilizes 5 step sales process, packaged solutions and offers to meet client needs.
- Proficient articulating print and digital value propositions.
- Thrive in high activity, dynamic environments with shorter sales cycle and smaller average sales value.
- This is an outside sales position.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We'll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do well here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We'll equip you with the region's best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay well above the market average with unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
- Quarterback a topnotch team: Receive excellent support from an account manager, a digital marketing expert, and more.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You are a relentless hunter and have experience in building a book of business from the ground up.
- You're a battletested competitor with the war stories to prove it.
- When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
- You care deeply about your community and have taken steps to make it better.
- You're the natural born leader in any group. And you love stepping up to the plate.
- You're a fearless explorer with an insatiable urge to travel, explore new hobbies and try new things.
- You're a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
- You possess 2+ years of outside sales experience.
- Knowledge of auto dealers preferred.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Fundamental AND Challenger sales skills
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
- A passion for the auto business
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top