Account Executive - Auto Advertising
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, AUTO ADVERTISING
The Lansing State Journal and Michigan.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for a Sales Executive, Auto. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
In this role, you will:
- Sell auto marketing/advertising solutions to area auto clients including auto dealers. Generally aligned to 30 or less clients in an effort to allow deeper time and resource investment for premier clients offering highest market potential.
- Grow market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction.
- Deal with Auto dealers and groups, decision-makers and influencers.
- Develop and execute account plans for each client utilizing USA TODAY NETWORKS's auto go-to-market strategy and tools.
- Utilize deep customer, market, and segment proprietary insights to bring new information and offers to dealers that compel action via a Challenger sales approach.
- Be highly proficient at understanding and synthesizing data, and "story telling" to drive auto dealer understanding and action.
- Develop a keen understanding of the automotive segment, competitors, and USA TODAY NETWORK's positioning in the marketplace.
- Identify complex customer needs and builds cohesive marketing strategy and custom client solutions that differentiate USA TODAY NETWORK from competitors.
- Leverage multiple USA TODAY NETWORK resources and partners to develop optimal client solutions including print and digital products. Proficient in USA TODAY NETWORK's premium digital capabilities.
- Leverage Cars.com with aligned accounts to grow Cars.com and other USA TODAY NETWORK business
- Work with C-level clients, corporate and matrixed organizations.
- Articulate USA TODAY NETWORK's value proposition and prove ROI with data.
- This is an outside sales position.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We'll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do well here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We'll equip you with the region's best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay well above the market average with unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
- Quarterback a top notch team: Receive excellent support from an account manager, a digital campaign manager, a marketing strategist and more.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
- You care deeply about your community and have taken steps to make it better.
- You're a leader and love stepping up to the plate.
- You're a fearless explorer with an insatiable urge to travel, explore new hobbies and try new things.
- You're a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
- You possess selling experience, outside sales experience preferred.
- You have passion and/or experience in the auto industry
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Fundamental AND strategic sales skills
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
About Michigan.com, Michigan's Largest Media Marketing Company: Our formula is simple - We combine the largest news and information audience in the state with the top multi-platform marketing experts to provide businesses with a single partner with one purpose, to help them grow. We deliver the trusted brands of Michigan's largest audience, including the Detroit Free Press/freep.com, The Detroit News/detroitnews.com, O&E Media/hometownlife, Livingston Daily Press & Argus, Lansing State Journal, Battle Creek Enquirer, and Port Huron Times Herald, combined with proven research, creative, strategy and marketing expertise.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top