Account Executive, Auto
Jackson, MS, USA Req #448
Monday, February 13, 2017
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Clarion-Ledger Media group , part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for a Account Executive, Auto. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
In this role, you will:
- Sells multi-media marketing solutions to the very critical large local business sector with local or regional decision makers, often with multiple decision makers and influencers.
- Grows market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction.
- Develops and executes account plans for each client that leads to a cohesive marketing strategy and integrated marketing plans.
- Generally aligned to 30 or less clients in an effort to allow deeper time and resource investment for premier clients offering highest market potential.
- Develops and works multiple, parallel and complex deal pipeline, managed via SFDC.
- Utilizes customer, market, and segment insights to bring new information and offers to clients in lieu of product selling.
- Identifies complex customer needs and builds custom client solutions that differentiate USA TODAY NETWORK from competitors.
- Leverages multiple USA TODAY NETWORK resources and partners to develop optimal client solutions including print and digital products. Proficient in USA TODAY NETWORK's premium digital capabilities.
- Works with C-level clients, corporate and matrixed organizations.
- Articulate USA TODAY NETWORK's value proposition and prove ROI with data.
- This is an outside sales position.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You're a battletested competitor with the war stories to prove it.
- When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
- You care deeply about your community and have taken steps to make it better.
- You're the natural born leader in any group. And you love stepping up to the plate.
- You're a fearless explorer with an insatiable urge to travel, explore new hobbies and try new things.
- You're a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
- You possess 3-4+ years of sales experience.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
• History of driving results
• Ability to think and act strategically
• Fundamental AND Challenger sales skills
• Strong two-way communication skills
• Effective collaborator and delegator
• Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing Here's what we have to offer:
• Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
• Life Insurance
• 401(K) Saving Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Company Holidays
• Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
• Employee Discount Program
• Market Research and Insights
• Mileage and Cell Reimbursement
• Base Salary Plus Commissions
• Sales Contests
• Tools for Success!
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top