Treasury Analyst/Cash Management Analyst
Upwork is the world's top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll create eco nomic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for profess ionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The finance team is looking team members that can continue to help transform the organization to the next level. We striver to become a truly best-in-class finance organization. We are looking for a team members that are proactive, strive for continuous improvement, metrics driven, put ethics and integrity first, enjoy hard-working environments and like having fun.
Your Primary Responsibilities will be:
- Download reports from the System to confirm Fx trades in bank portal and set up bank transfers
- Download statements from financial institutions to confirm receipts, reconcile transactions with System data
- Monitor and forecast cash balances and cash flow needs at several banks located globally; initiate transfer request
- Perform fraud review of daily customer withdrawal requests
- Investigate any payment issues, file bug and follow through until issue is resolved
- Set up wire disbursements into bank online portal
Weekly or Monthly:
- Perform foreign exchange trade as needed per company policy and transfer foreign currency to local banks globally
- Collaborate with Operations team on various customer payment issues including credit card chargebacks, customer credits, payment recoveries and adjustments
- Maintain chargeback report for financial close and audits for cross references
- Perform system data vs. bank data reconciliation, monitor in-transit funds, and research exception items
- Assist in monthly financial close with cash, customer accounts, and payment related expense reconciliation reports
What it takes to catch our eye:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of industry experience
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, look up tables, functions)
- Strong analytical and computer skills; prior experience in Oracle Financials a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to manage priorities in order to meet deadlines
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top