TIP: DevOps Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This position is through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
Work/ Project Scope:
- Drive the design and implementation for automating everything we do in Enterprise Cloud Services, from testing/certification to delivery to manage/run
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Seek and identify most onerous and cumbersome manual tasks in the organization and come up with a plan to alleviate it
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Drive the project including create deliverables, mile markers
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation
Must have requirements:
- Expert in AWS
- Proficient in Chef
- Has basic knowledge in Terraform
- Has working knowledge of Python
- Know DevOps tools like Git and GitHub
- Can maintain Java web applications
- Has experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Able to work 40 hours with 5 hours of overlap minimum with PDT 10-6 pm
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top