Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This is a Contract position through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
- Work on our flagship apps as part of a group of talented individuals that focuses on providing the best mobile experience for our users
- Build the platform that empowers the rest of the organization to ship their new experiences
- Work on shipping new features, improving existing features and fixing the occasional bugs
- Interact with other cross-functional teams to help them ship their experiences and participate in sprint planning, scrum meetings usually during 9am - 12pm PST
Must Haves(Required Skills):
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- 3+ of Kotlin experience
- Solid understanding of the software development process and lifecycle
- Have published one or more Android apps, based on a client-server architecture, in the play store
- Good understanding of REST APIs
- Good understanding and experience in using some of the following RxJava, Dagger2, Retrofit, Data Binding, clean architecture and SOLID principles
- Ability to join meetings during 9am - 12pm PST
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.