Strategic Account Manager - Staffing Solutions
The best companies win with the best talent. But great people can be hard to find. At Upwork we’ve created the world’s largest on demand talent platform earning more than $1 billion annually. With Upwork, customers can tap into a global pool of 12 million highly skilled and specialized knowledge workers across 3500+ skill categories in over 180 countries. The Upwork platform provides our customers with the infrastructure to build entire teams of talent in the cloud, accessible on demand and at a cost saving of up to 80% less and 5x faster than traditional resources. Simply put, we empower organizations to get more stuff done, faster.
More companies are moving towards larger contingent workforces and many are using online staffing platforms to manage this shift. As a result, Upwork is growing and we’re adding a Strategic Account Manager/ Engagement Manager to our team.
As a Strategic Account Manager/ Engagement Manager, your mission is to build long-term relationships with an existing portfolio of strategic accounts. Your account management experience, consultative sales approach, and staffing program expertise will provide you the tools for success in this high profile position.
In this role, you will:
- Forge relationships with key decision makers within target accounts with the end goal of securing new business and increasing overall client revenue
- Identify opportunities to broaden the scope of services within existing customer base
- Deliver outstanding service to our customers to retain existing business
- Stay current on our clients’ business, industry, and key objectives and challenges so that you can be a trusted ally and make informed recommendations
- Provide thought leadership to the client (e.g., best practice presentations, cost savings recommendations, diversity measures, reporting)
- Be an expert on the features, advantages, and benefits of Upwork's entire suite of enterprise products/solutions, services, and offerings
- Develop new business across multiple products and solutions by expanding to additional client departments and divisions
To win in this role, you need:
- Strong relationship and client management skills.People do business with people they like and trust. Your ability to build lasting relationships and earn the trust of our clients will be essential to their growth.
- Relentless attention to detail and organization.These are large, complex programs with many moving parts. You will inspire confidence in our clients by making sure everything is buttoned down, documented and under control.
- A sales and growth mindset. Your focus is on account expansion and this should inform your strategic account plans and execution.
- Staffing Industry Background. Your subject matter expertise will give you credibility when interacting with stakeholders.
- People management and leadership experience. We have programs with more than 1,400 active freelancers. When it comes to recruiting and managing people, this can’t be your first rodeo. Your management will need to be crisp, clear and direct.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll make a real difference in the world, rolling up your sleeves to help reinvent how the world works. As a major player in one of the most exciting and fastest growing markets on the planet, you’ll join a team that’s leading the charge in online work – creating new freedom and opportunity for businesses and freelancers alike. In short, you’ll change lives, which will do wonders for your career, self-esteem and karma.
Along the way you’ll enjoy a bona-fide work-life balance (we practice what we preach), with all of the perks you expect from a thriving tech leader (think free breakfast and lunch, happy hours, team outings and the like). Plus every Wednesday is a work from home day for many teams, although our main offices in Mountain View, and San Francisco are warm and inviting. Naturally you’ll also draw a nice paycheck and enjoy some meaty benefits. So join us as we work wonders creating the future of work.
Back to top