Strategic Account Director
Upwork is the world’s top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. As a Strategic Account Director, you will drive deals and account growth for our largest and most strategic customers. As Upwork continues to disrupt traditional recruiting models we will look to you to educate prospects on our unique freelancer and remote staffing solutions. You will be partnered with sales engineering and program management to help build award winning flexible work programs. This position reports to our Vice President of Strategic Sales and will require frequent travel.
- Identify and close new account opportunities within the Fortune 500
- Target and engage relevant C level decision makers at the enterprise levels
- Forecast and manage your sales pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Present and gather business objectives and requirements during consultative sales meetings with prospects and customers
- Accurately track and record customer communications and activity in salesforce.com
- Fully manage and drive the sales cycle
- Partner with Sales Engineering and Program Management to build and deliver detailed account plans
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 8-10+ years experience selling complex staffing programs or contingent workforce software solutions
- Successful track record of consultative strategic sales with C-level prospects
- Bachelors degree or higher
How to really knock our socks off:
- Strong background in large account planning
- Competitiveness: an appetite to do more, faster, bigger, and better than others
- High energy and the ability to establish trust and credibility with prospects and customers
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, solve problems and think on your feet
- Background in HR Tech / Recruiting SaaS preferred
- Experience selling into Technology, Marketing, HR or Procurement preferred
Come change how the world works
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Director, Community & Education
Garnor reaches out to Upwork customers to give them important information, implement educational initiatives, and gather feedback they have about the platform.
Back to top