Staff Technical Program Manager
Staff Technical Program Manager
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
We are looking for a seasoned Staff Technical Program Manager with attested delivery track records to lead and drive the execution for our strategy initiatives in Product and Engineering organization. We are growing and maturing our execution and delivery precision. If your are passionate about operational excellence, getting your feet wet delivering outcomes, and making a difference in how the world works, this job is for you.
At Upwork, we believe connecting remote workforce to deliver a business results. Our programs span the globe and powered by our global freelancer community. You will lead multiple complex, multidisciplinary program with your engineering expertise and big picture lens to connect the dots for execution.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and engineering leadership team across the globe to define program objectives and key results, and establish project plan.
- Manage all aspects of program execution including partner management, operation review, and product go-to-market effort, resource allocation, success criteria, and milestones.
- Work with business partners for requirement gathering and with engineering managers/leads to establish resource plan and maintain engineering roadmaps.
- Develop relevant product and engineering business operation artifacts and standard methodologies.
- Facilitate semi-annual strategy planning effort including x-functional team prioritization, cost estimation, and resource planning.
- Support or leading various engineering events and activities such as all-hands, tech talks, off-site, hackathon, etc.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Solid experience implementing large scale internet based software development or infrastructure programs,
- Expert in using mainstream engineering and program management productivity tools like jira, confluence, etc,
How to really knock our socks off:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Working understanding of modern web application stack and infrastructure like Amazon Web Services,
- Excellent communication skill, attention to details, data driven minded, and fluent dealing with ambiguities and conflict,
- Six Sigma certified, MPM certified, and relevant experience in software development, professional services, solution engineering, technical consulting, are pluses.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top