Upwork is the world’s top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The accounting team is looking team members that can continue to help transform the organization to the next level. We are looking for team members that are proactive, strive for continuous improvement, metrics driven, put ethics first, and like working hard and having fun.
Your Primary Responsibilities will be:
- Working with AP and Forecasting to record and accurately capture pre-paid expenses.
- Maintain lease schedules and record all lease payments including deferred rent, sublease income and appropriate classification of short-term obligations.
- Own all debt and interest schedules and journal entries
- Assist the treasury function in capturing and recording all bank activity
- Record international expenses to the appropriate cost center and entity including capturing any foreign currency gain/loss.
- Be a part of special projects that include collaboration with financial systems, forecasting, treasury accounting and revenue.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 1-3 years industry or public accounting experience
- Experience with pre-paids, intercompany, deferred rent and cash reconciliations
- Accounting or Business degree
How to really knock our socks off:
- CPA Candidate or CPA
- Experience in a treasury or GL function
- Owned or contributed to the period-end close process
- Showed some tenure in a role
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent organization
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Director, Community & Education
Garnor reaches out to Upwork customers to give them important information, implement educational initiatives, and gather feedback they have about the platform.
Back to top