Sr. Workplace Manager, Bay Area
- San Francisco, CA
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Our Senior Manager, Workplace, will report to the Director of Workplace, and will have a huge impact on our company culture and operations. We are looking for someone with strong project and team management skills, an upbeat and approachable attitude, customer service mindset, and a passion for innovating, being creative, and driving results
As a member of Upwork's Workplace team, you will strive to create a unique culture and workplace that ensures the safety, security, comfort, and productivity of our Upworkers. In our offices, you’ll find a friendly atmosphere, fantastic coworkers, and diverse opportunities for growth in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Design and deliver world class employee experience our distributed global team
- Ensure consistent presentation and function of high quality office space and operations
- Champion strategies to ensure that the organization’s culture, systems, and processes support an environment that is inclusive for all and where employees feel able to contribute their fullest
- Leverage diversity and inclusion as a tool to design and implement employee programs and services
- Manage and oversee changes to our real estate portfolio such as contract negotiations, expansions, and renovations
- Create and maintain budgets and project schedules
- Identify and lead company-wide process improvements, initiatives, and projects through qualitative and quantitative research
- Add creativity, fun and a smile to all you touch
What it takes to catch our eye:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of real estate, facilities, and/or workplace operations experience; experience within a tech or startup environment strongly preferred
- A clear vision and track record of success managing major projects or initiatives
- Proven leadership skills, strong ability to influence others, and demonstrated passion for the issue of diversity and inclusion
- Experience building relationships with employees to better understand their needs and collaborating with other functional groups such as HR, IT, and Finance
- Good business and financial acumen, with proven experience in benchmarking, data analysis, and interpretation
- A passion for creative problem solving, storytelling with data, and strong presentation skills
- The ability to motivate and inspire people through any form of communication
- Willingness to take ownership, take risks, and roll up your sleeves to get the work done
- Bonus points for experience in real estate, interior design, and/or construction project management
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top