Sr. Product Manager, Payments
Location: Santa Clara or San Francisco
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Payments Compliance team at Upwork oversees over $1.7 billion in payments and payouts per year in 180 countries. Our payment system is a strategic business differentiator and an essential part of our business.
We are looking for an amazing Senior Product Manager to help build out our strategic capabilities including alternative payment options, real-time funds disbursement and global currency and country support.
- You'll craft a product vision & strategy that supports the needs of Upwork and our customers.
- You'll deeply understand & keep up to date on the global market, which payment trends are meaningful, what the competitive landscape looks like & how the freelancer marketplace markets are evolving and industry dynamics.
- You will work collaboratively with product and business counterparts to define the teams' goals and roadmaps.
- Prepare and facilitate implementation of go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution and adoption.
- Manage products through their life cycle-introduction, growth, maturity and ending stages.
- You're an expert and are passionate about billing/payments/financial systems.
- Experience with payments compliance including OFAC, SDN, etc.
- Excellent product management skills with proven track record in understanding customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching products that impact growth.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the adeptness to influence and communicate effectively.
- You have a strong focus on the customer as well as the business, coupled with an ability to learn, respond to feedback and grow. We're looking for people who thrive on learning new domains and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
- An analytical mindset and the ability to break down complicated problems, dive into data and derive actionable insights.
- Technically strong with CS or Engineering degree or prior experience in Engineering.
- You're a problem solver that inspires and motivates others.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits ... and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top