Sr. Product Manager, Global Billing & Payments
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Billing and Payments team at Upwork processes over $1 billion in payments per year in 180 countries. Our goal is to deliver trusted, seamless, cost-optimized payment experiences for our customers and Upwork. We are looking for an amazing product manager to help build out our strategic capabilities including alternative payment options, real-time funds disbursement and global currency and country support.
- Create a product vision & strategy that supports the needs of Upwork and our customers.
- Understand & keep up to date on the global market, which payment trends are relevant, what the competitive landscape looks like & how the freelancer marketplace markets are evolving.
- Develop and execute the Billing & Payment roadmaps and lead the agile teams, including working with our legal and compliance teams
- Prepare and facilitate implementation of go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution and adoption
- Manage products through their life cycle—introduction, growth, maturity and ending stages
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Expert knowledge of Payment systems with previous marketplace experience with billing/payments/financial products
- Excellent product management skills with consistent track record in understanding customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching products that impact growth
- Excellent written and oral communication, and the adeptness to influence and communicate effectively.
How to really knock our socks off:
- An analytical mindset and the ability to break down complicated problems, dive into data and derive actionable insights
- Technically strong with prior experience in Engineering
- Driven attitude with a bias towards action and hungry to learn and grow
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top