Sr Manager/Director Marketing Analytics
Sr Manager/Director Marketing Analytics
Upwork is the world's top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
Do you think that you are unique and special because you have both business sense and technical hands on ability with data? Are you motivated to make an impact in a high-growth company? Are you a hands-on entrepreneurial leader who loves to sit on the boundaries of business, products and technology?
Upwork is looking for a Sr Manager / Director of Marketing Analytics to identify opportunities for growth across our marketplace and Enterprise businesses. You will be part of the Business Management & Analytics team and will work closely with our Marketing team.
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of marketing analysts to be a strategic partner with the marketing teams to drive data driven decisions.
- Understand the business needs, define key metrics and monitor key marketing programs. Design and develop standard dashboards to monitor the trends.
- Provide critical insights about web behavior that enable the marketing team to create more impactful web marketing programs, including: SEM, SEO, display advertising, referral marketing and conversion optimization.
- Provide deep dives into customer lifetime value, cost of acquisition and marketing channel attribution, etc.
- Drive strategy to improve web analytics infrastructure to serve business needs and work with product & engineering teams to effectively implement.
- Drive rigorous A/B testing standards, including defining best practices for executing tests and presenting test results and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Think strategically about how to scale the work that you and the team do. Develop tools and automated process that project the work out to a broader audience. Also, conduct training and mentoring to help people around you improve at what they do collectively so that we're better off as a team.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- You have to have it all! Both business sense and technical hands on ability with data.
- 10-12 years of work experience as analyst or in an analytical role partnering with senior leaders to translate business questions into analytical tasks
- Experience analyzing data using SQL. Statistical tools (i.e. R, Stata)
- Experience working with web analytics tools, Google analytics and Optimizely a plus
- Experience working with data visualization tools to deliver results
- A creative problem-solver who thrives on challenges, and is accustomed to a fast pace usually involved in multiple projects
- Passion for high-growth business and desire to contribute in a fast-paced environment
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top