Sr. Analyst, Trust and Safety
Location: Santa Clara or San Francisco
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business inspiring change in a huge traditional staffing industry. You will make an immediate and lasting impact on the company as well as the team's mission of making Upwork the world's safest and most trusted online workplace. As a Senior Analyst in Trust and Safety, you will play a critical role working with a cross-functional team to keep our marketplace safe and build a platform for growth.
- Identify trends, distill insights, and create models and rules to manage risk and detect fraud, account takeover, and scam attempts
- Analyze behavior patterns through analyses of large data sets, enhance detection rules, and improve automation with
- Define and track metrics to support our operations agents in keeping our platform safe for users
- Work closely with multi-functional teams to translate requirements into technical specifications
- Partner with program managers to shape the policies of Upwork marketplace and drive continuous improvement to the platform
- Solve a wide range of business problems creatively and ensure the safety of the Upwork community
- 2+ years of work experience in an analytics role
- Strong SQL, Excel, presentation skills and a deep understanding of statistics and predictive analytics
- True curiosity and a desire to fully dissect a challenge, as well as a strong motivation to protect our customers and our company
- Ability to distilling data into key insights that tell a story
- Ability to work independently in a small team and a dynamic environment
- Experience handling large scale structured/unstructured data
- Familiarity with either Python or R programming
- Demonstrated real passion for marketplaces
- Strong interest or previous experience in working in trust, risk, or security
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits ... and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top