Senior UX Designer
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
- You work directly with business owners, researchers and product managers to identify user needs and develop experiences that address both business and user problems tied to conversion.
- You work with a project manager to estimate project timeframes and balance great design with meeting deadlines.
- You bring a positive and can-do approach to solving large, strategic, and complex problems with simple and elegant design solutions that address project goals & requirements.
- You utilize business and customer insights to create original, innovative, and meticulous designs that demonstrate excellent interactive and visual design skills while adhering to our brand guidelines.
- You autonomously run all aspects of assigned projects with minimal direction and collaborate with and present directly to project owners.
- You are hands-on at every stage of a project including design thinking, user research, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, and preparation of development-ready specs.
- You clearly and confidently communicate and present design decisions, gather and implement feedback from project owners and other designers, and manage the project owner's expectations.
- You collaborate across marketing, product and engineering teams to be a champion for a high quality, consistent and holistic product user experience.
- You are an expert in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch and InVision.
What It Takes To Catch Our Eye:
- 4+ years of experience as a practicing UX designer or similar role.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating the skills above. Please include a link to your web or PDF portfolio containing detailed UX case studies (minimum 3) as well as examples of strong visual design; designers without a portfolio will not be considered.
How To Really Knock Our Socks Off:
- HTML/CSS skills
- Illustration skills
- Conversion experience
- SEO experience
- Component library and design systems experience
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top