Senior Systems Administrator
The Upwork IT team is looking for a Sr. System Administrator to be responsible for back end systems, cloud based applications, local networks, Windows AD and servers, Atlassian applications (JIRA, Confluence, etc), A/V support, and various projects. An ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of on-going tasks and very fast turnaround times. Must possess the ability to clearly communicate with the team and customers. Ability to work with minimum supervision is essential. Must have good logical thinking and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to perform multitask and work efficiently under high pressure. This job is based in our Mountain View, CA headquarters.
In this role, you will:
- Be a key members of various upcoming IT projects (ID management upgrade, VDI implementation, network reconfiguration, server/data migration, etc).
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems.
- Manage cloud based applications (Google Apps, Okta, CrashPlan, Backupify, Sophos, etc).
- Administer and support Atlassian software/applications (JIRA, Confluence, etc).
- Manage RingCentral phone system.
- Support local network gears (Firewall, switches, wireless APs).
- Administer Windows file server with AD authentication.
- Address escalated Helpdesk tickets.
To win in this role, you need:
- 4 year college degree.
- 10 years experience as a system administrator.
- Expert level knowledge and skills in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Expert level technical knowledge in at least one of the areas mentioned above.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills.
- Be flexible, and willing to learn, adapt, and take on new tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Capability to complete a project from planning to full completion.
- Emphasize on task quality (be thorough, detail-oriented, countable).
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills.
- Mac supporting knowledge and skills is a big plus.
- Teleconference and AV systems experience is a plus.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll make a real difference in the world, rolling up your sleeves to help reinvent how the world works. As a major player in one of the most exciting and fastest growing markets on the planet, you’ll join a team that’s leading the charge in online work – creating new freedom and opportunity for businesses and freelancers alike. In short, you’ll change lives, which will do wonders for your career, self-esteem and karma.
Along the way you’ll enjoy a bona-fide work-life balance (we practice what we preach), with all of the perks you expect from a thriving tech leader (think free breakfast and lunch, happy hours, team outings and the like). Plus every Wednesday is a work from home day for many teams, although our main offices in Mountain View, and San Francisco are warm and inviting. Naturally you’ll also draw a nice paycheck and enjoy some meaty benefits. So join us as we work wonders creating the future of work.
Back to top