Senior Product Manager, Trust & Safety
Senior Product Manager, Trust & Safety
Upwork is the world’s largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
We are looking for an incredible Trust & Safety Product Manager to drive our efforts in making Upwork most trusted and safest online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
Lead Trust & Safety product
- Work closely with risk analysts and operations to uncover and limit account security issues, spam/scam jobs, financial fraud, nondelivery fraud, fake profiles and other emerging new threats that might badly impact the marketplace
- Be a voice to identify and communicate emerging trends in site abuse alongside our risk analysts that could post trust and safety risk to our users or to our organization
- Dig through data to prioritize the most impactful Trust & Safety risks
- Digest complicated problems into clearly framed measurable projects
- Monitor and analyze trust and safety metrics on the platform and impacts to these metrics with new features, policies, and functionality
- Develop and execute the Trust & Safety roadmaps and lead the agile teams
- Work with UX Designers to ensure delivery of optimal user experiences
- Prepare and facilitate implementation of go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution and adoption
- Manage products through their life cycle—introduction, growth, maturity and ending stages
- Be responsible for the outcome. Track KPI’s and use them to drive decision-making about the future of the product
- Conduct A/B testing to ensure the right outcome is achieved
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5+ years working in product and a detailed knowledge of risk management
- Previous marketplace experience with risk/operations/trust & safety products
- Previous experience with Agile development methodologies
- An analytical mindset and the ability to break down complicated problems, dive into data and derive actionable insights
How to really knock our socks off:
- Consistent track record in understanding customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching products that impact growth
- Excellent written and oral communication, and the adeptness to influence and communicate effectively.
- Driven attitude with a bias towards action and hungry to learn and grow
- A passion for fighting against internet bad-guys and protecting the marketplace
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way, you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top