Senior Product Manager, Talent Management
Senior Product Manager, Talent Management
Upwork is the world’s largest marketplace for matching remote workers with amazing job opportunities worldwide. We have more than 12M freelancers on Upwork, collectively earning over $1B on our platform every year. We believe passionately in creating very real and sustained economic and social value on a global scale, by providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
As a two-sided marketplace, our business is dependent on building and capturing client demand for talented freelancers and finding the world’s best talent to work with these clients. We have amazing freelancers on our platform and an impressive array of clients including Fortune 100 brands - but we believe there is a step-change opportunity to source and match freelancers even better than we do today, which is where this role comes in. You will optimize existing pipelines and build new pipelines of talented freelancers for jobs on Upwork, create new experiences and programs to better match them with great opportunities, and help them grow their earnings and freelancing careers. Your role as the Talent Management product lead is to define the vision, strategy and execution plan for all aspects of building and managing our global freelancing talent base.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with all functions to understand the client demand-side and talent needs
- Invent, design and build solutions to address freelancer acquisition, growth, retention, and other freelancing talent placement opportunities
- Work with partners in data science, analytics, product and operations to create the supply and demand scoreboard for the company
- Conduct A/B tests and perform other quantitative and qualitative analyses to measure impact
To win in this role, you need:
- Analytical chops for breaking down complex problems and solving them with data
- Deep empathy for the needs, frustrations, aspirations, and challenges of our global freelancing community
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience - this role is integral to the success of numerous programs across the company so you need to be a trusted partner to many while being decisive making critical decisions
- Compelling written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to efficiently pivot and react to rapidly evolving goals and priorities
- The ability to go broad as well as deep: solving for the bigger picture and long term goals whilst rolling up your sleeves to write user stories in jira and debug issues
Things that will really knock our socks off:
- Experience integrating human solutions (e.g., sales, services) with technical solutions (e.g., online platforms / digital tools) at scale
- Demonstrated brilliance in solving hard challenges at another two-sided marketplace - especially an aptitude for managing supply and demand
- Behavioral science background that can be applied to solving hard problems with behavioral incentives
- Direct freelancing experience and/or work in a role that put you in day-to-day contact with freelancers
- Experience using agile development methodologies with globally-distributed teams
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, including a willingness to take risks
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top