Senior Product Manager, Enterprise Compliance
Senior Product Manager, Enterprise Compliance
Upwork is the world's top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll build economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
Upwork is seeking an experience Product Manager to lead our Enterprise worker classification compliance product offering. Upwork's Enterprise offering provides an on demand digital talent platform to large companies seeking to engage with skilled knowledge workers and agencies to get work done. Upwork Enterprise customers include companies like Airbnb, Pfizer, Dropbox and Juniper Networks. As the compliance PM you will be part of team that is aggressively growing our Enterprise business to penetrate large businesses and Fortune 500 companies.
A key competitive advantage of Upwork's Enterprise offering is our compliance solution. This solution enables companies to hire talent on Upwork, and Upwork handles worker classification, contracting and staffing agency compliance for this talent. Upwork is looking to significantly invest product resources to improve our classification efficiency, experiences and capabilities. Some of the business goals of this role include:
- Enabling our worker classification and engagement processes to scale with the growth of the Enterprise business.
- Improve the classification experience for clients and freelancers
- Explore solutions to enable clients to connect with both independent contractors and employees
- Excel at Product Management
- Directly develop and execute the Compliance roadmap and lead the associated agile teams
- Work with UX Designers to ensure delivery of optimal user experiences
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across business, design, and development teams. Call out and resolve risks or misalignment.
- Prepare and facilitate implementation of go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution and adoption
- Manage products through their life cycle-introduction, growth, maturity and ending stages
- Be responsible for the results. Track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about the future of the product
- Lead the Compliance Product Agile Team
- Lead the agile team to execute against your product roadmap - with high quality and timely delivery.
- Lead product design and development in consultation with key cross functional partners - Legal, Sales, HR, and Operations
- Help define the vision, short and long term product strategy for Upwork's Enterprise compliance offering.
- 5+ years working in product
- Previous experience with Agile development methodologies
- Consistent track record in understanding customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching products that impact growth
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation abilities and the confirmed ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Strong people-management and leadership experience
- Collaborative attitude with a track record of building strong relations at all levels
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork's mission and impact.
- Compliance experience or experience with Procurement, Legal or HR products
- Ability to engage with Legal and HR teams and translate needs and principles into a delightful user experience.
- Ability to understand and breakdown complex problems and frame problems to create cross team alignment and effective solution ideation.
- Strategic and creative thinking that enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Eric leads the Enterprise Sales Team, overseeing daily operations and partnering with organizations around the world to find independent professionals on the Upwork platform.
Back to top