Senior Product Designer - Acquisition/On boarding
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Senior Product Designer who is enthusiastic about solving complex problems with the user at their heart. You will help drive experiences focusing on helping users find the best matches for their needs, working closely with product and engineering to create high quality and easy-to-use products that help our users achieve their goals and take their businesses to the next level. Working with our cross-functional team, you’ll define mental models and uncover ways to use the connections and interdependencies across our product to create flexible and powerful user experiences. You’ll also get to support our mission of creating economic opportunities so people have better lives.
This role requires curiosity, critical thinking, an ability to think abstractly and a thoughtful approach to problem solving.
- Collaborate with user researchers, product managers, data scientists, developers, and other designers to frame problems and take ideas from ideation through implementation
- Demonstrate high quality design practices by ensuring decisions are made with appropriate user insight and follow existing UX/UI systems while making well-informed decisions to create new patterns
- Lead projects through an end to end design process: research, ideation, strategy, information architecture, interaction design, launch and testing.
- Build a variety of design assets to communicate your concepts to a broad range of partners and end users; ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Work closely with developers to deliver a polished final product
- Mentor members of the design team
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 3+ years experience in industry experience as a UX designer dedicated to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched desktop or mobile applications
- Experience at crafting experiences across multiple channels and operating systems including desktop and mobile.
- Must be self-motivated, excellent communicator, comfortable following direction, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- Able to successfully lead all aspects of a project from start to finish
- ***Portfolio is required***
How to really knock our socks off:
- Solving complex problems is why you get up in the morning
- Experience in working closely with and using data science to create stronger and more relevant user experiences
- You thrive working in collaborative work environments and are able to work creatively with remote team members.
- Strong work ethic with the drive and willingness to focus and commit
- A passionate advocate for crafting high-quality designs that deliver memorable experiences that users will love.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. Whether you’re working from our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago or are part of our globally distributed team, we’re working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. Our vibrant culture is built on a common mission and shared values. As we create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, our employees build amazing teams, put our community first and have a bias towards action. We encourage team Upwork to bring their whole selves to work through learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. All that and amazing benefits too? We’ve got you covered (especially with our company favorite, Work Online Wednesdays).
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top