Senior Manager of Trust & Safety
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Trust and Safety team is charged with making sure every job on Upwork is a great job with a great outcome. We are looking for a quantitatively driven, detail-oriented and business-savvy person to lead trust strategy on the Trust and Safety Team. As the Senior Manager of Trust and Safety, you will lead the organization to define, build, launch, and manage business programs to improve the user experience on Upwork. You'll play a critical role working with Product, Marketing, Analytics, and Operations teams to ensure customers feel Upwork is the world's safest place to work online.
- Manage Client/Freelancer Quality and Performance. Define quality and design incentive programs to reward top performers and penalize underperformers
- Increase good experiences and reduce bad experiences between Freelancers and Clients through policy, product, and moderation solutions
- Enforce policies. Scale and develop policies that ensure Upwork is a safe place to work
- Identify initiatives and pitch business solutions to solve the wide range of Trust & Safety problems
- Analyze opportunities and track solutions through data collection and analysis
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive concepts to high impact solutions
What it takes to catch our eye:
- At least six years of work experience, two of which were spent leading cross-functional teams in risk, trust, or policy roles
- An analytical mindset and the ability to break down complicated problems by diving into data and deriving actionable insights
- Ability to rally cross-functional consensus through clear communication and compelling presentations
How to really knock our socks off:
- You have an obsession for generating great results with scarce resources
- You're an excellent problem solver
- You have demonstrated an ability to implement programs quickly and effectively
- You have experience working in a dynamic environment and have managed priorities across multiple simultaneous projects
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things
- You have previous management consulting experience
- You have worked at a marketplace technology company
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protection.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top