Senior Manager of Learning and Development
- Drive strategy: There are lots of opportunities, but we don’t want to fall short by trying to boil the ocean. You’ll lead us to prioritize and build out a strategy that makes a difference right away.
- Grow new leaders: Employees love working at Upwork, and we want them (and you!) to stay and grow with us. In order to do that we need to get phenomenal tools in place and ensure consistency where necessary and confidence to be a manager with a one size fits one approach the rest of the time.You will drive this work for us from a training perspective.
- Build strong partnerships: Our leadership team values HR and looks to us for strong counsel and partnership. You’ll be expected to provide candid feedback and work with the HRBP team to ensure we’re creating and deploying training efforts that address the needs of our partners while scaling for the future.
- Demonstrate the impact of their programs: Is it working? How do we know? You’ll work with colleagues in HR, analytics, finance, and legal to convey the value of our programs and changing them where necessary to drive greater impact.
- Continuously evolve and improve our L&D efforts: Hopefully if you’re a passionate L&D leader, continuous learning and improvement is as much in your DNA as it is in ours. Come and work with us and we’ll grow stronger together!
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Passion for Upwork’s mission and work
- Progressive experience in L&D for 7+ years
- Ability and passion on all areas of L&D from needs assessment through, design, development and delivery and feedback of impact
How to really knock our socks off:
- Ability to influence and achieve dynamic results, including in areas without direct responsibility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Google Docs
- Strong track record of partnering with different areas of the business and creating meaningful and impactful training programs
- Multitasking prowess
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Eric leads the Enterprise Sales Team, overseeing daily operations and partnering with organizations around the world to find independent professionals on the Upwork platform.
Back to top